Friday, June 25, 2010

Recipe Review: Orange Rolls


I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile.  I mean, who hasn't had those yummy orange rolls that you can buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store.  But, these are so much better. 

I found this recipe when I was reading through some of my favorite blogs.  Have you been to Sweet Luvin' In The Kitchen?  There are some awesome recipes there along with this one.  My kids were begging me for a taste test as soon as they were cool enough to eat.  I only made a couple of changes.  I made these in my breadmaker and  I added orange juice to the filling instead of orange zest. 

Enjoy these unbelievable yummy rolls!

Orange Rolls
(adapted from Sweet Luvin' In The Kitchen)


Dough
1 1/4 cup warm water
3 eggs, well-beaten
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. dry active yeast

Filling
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
juice from 1 orange

Glaze
juice of 1 orange
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
powdered sugar

Add ingredients to the bread maker as suggested manufacturer.  Set to dough cycle.  Once cycle is complete, gently deflate dough and divide dough in half on a lightly floured surface.  Allow the dough to rest for a few minutes.  While the dough is resting, mix the butter, juice and sugar until blended. Roll one half of the dough out into a rectangle. Spread half of the butter mixture onto the dough. Roll up and cut slices about 1-1/2 inches thick.  Place rolls in a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until light golden brown.  While the rolls are baking, mix the ingredients for the glaze.  I like my icing be thick so that it is more like icing and not glaze.  Once the rolls have cooled slightly, ice rolls and enjoy.

Linked To:

No comments:

Post a Comment