Sunday, June 20, 2010

Recipe: Creamy Grape Salad


First off, let me say, this picture does not do this dish any favors.  But let me tell you, this salad is wonderful and creamy and so perfectly cold and delicious on a hot summer day.  My family recently got together to celebrate some June birthdays and I wanted to make a dish that we have not had before.  I am so glad that I made this salad as I will be making it often in the future especially during these hot Texas summer months.  The recipe calls for whole grapes, but I think the next time I make it, I will halve the grapes.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

Creamy Grape Salad

1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 lbs seedless grapes, washed and dry

In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Add grapes and stir gently making sure to coat all the grapes.  Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.  Right before serving, add chopped walnuts.

Linked to:





7 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tuesday Tastes! This salad looks amazing! I love all the flavors! Cream Cheese makes everything yummy! I am with you on the grapes, especially if serving to young ones - I would hate for anyone to choke!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like it would be very refreshing and tasty. I stopped by from your link at Tuesday Tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful! I'd love to make this with some green grapes too.

    Thanks for joining me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this salad! I make it a few times each summer for pool days and cookouts! I am your newest follower. Hope you have a great day.

    Liz

    www.fresh-plate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, this sounds so refreshing for summer!! I'll have to bookmark this to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete