Chicken Pot Pie is just one of those comfort meals. It sticks to the ribs and comforts the soul. This version is quick and easy. I always have pie pastry in my freezer which I think is the best invention since sliced bread!
And speaking of pot pie...are you a Duck Dynasty fan? If so, you gotta love Uncle Si. This has to be one of the funniest things...
Quick Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 pie pastry, if frozen, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a round 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
3. Place pie crust in the dish pressing the dough all the way up the sides to the rim.
4. Combine soups, milk (I didn't measure out the milk, just filled the empty soup can to the top), garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper.
5. Add vegetables. (Mine were still frozen so I threw them in the microwave for 2 minutes and then added them to the soup mixture.)
6. Add chicken breasts, stirring until well combined.
7. Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
8. Unroll second pie crust and place on top of the dish. Crimp the two crusts sealing the pie. I also used a fork and pressed them together.
9. Cut four slits into the top crust to allow the pie to vent.
10. Brush milk on the top crust and place in the oven.
11. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
12. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage