Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Leftover Redo: Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken = Cheesy Chicken w/Bacon Pasta


I had three chicken pieces leftover when I made Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken.  I could have easily eaten them as they were, but I wanted to use them for dinner and feed five people.  We love pasta at our house so I thought using the leftover chicken would make for an awesome pasta dish.  This dish turned out so great, that I will be making it for future dinners.

Cheesy Chicken with Bacon Pasta

Leftover Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken, diced (I used about 3 pieces)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/3 cup butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup sour cream
Dash of cayenne pepper, depending on the amount of heat you like
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb pasta, we used spaghetti

In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil.  Add onions and peppers and cook until softened.  Add diced tomatoes with the juice, butter, cream of chicken, water and spices.  If you like a thinner sauce, add a bit more water.  Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes and added diced chicken.  Simmer for another 5 minutes to warm the chicken through. Stir in sour cream before serving.  I plated the spaghetti individually and put the chicken and sauce over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment