Monday, June 21, 2010

Recipe Review: Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken


I know what you are thinking?  How can this big pile of melted cheese and bacon on chicken be healthy?  Guess what?  You are right!  But it sure is tasty!  I mean TASTY! 

I was browsing one of my favortie blogs, Kevin and Amanda's Recipes.  That girl has some awesome recipes!  I have been wanting to try this recipe out for a while now and finally had the opportunity.  I made it again for yesterday's dinner to celebrate Father's Day.  I served it with a big salad and pinto beans.  When I make it again, I am definately going to serve it with mashed potatoes.  I have a few slices left over and I think I will make chicken quesadillas with it tonight. 

Do not delay in making this awesome chicken!  Enjoy!

Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken

3 tbsp bacon grease
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup Ranch dressing (I used Cesar with Bacon)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 lb bacon (or bacon bits)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Place chicken breasts in a large baking dish. Cover breast with teriyaki sauce and then ranch dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.  Allow to cool just slightly before serving.

2 comments:

  1. That would definitely make my taste buds sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that is awesome!if you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete