Friday, June 25, 2010

Recipe: Cereal Bars


The girls and I thought we would make a little treat for movie tonight.  Anyone else have girls that are excited for 16 Wishes on Disney tonight?  My girls have been counting down the days. Anyway, I thought about making rice crispy treats but decided to do it up one.  If you like the no bake cookies (we called them Ranger Cookies when I was a kid) that are made with chocolate, oatmeal and peanut butter, than you are going to like these.

Cereal Bars

1 bag mini-marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter, I used crunchy
2 tbsp milk
3 cups chocolate rice crispy cereal
3 cups cinnamon graham squares cereal
1 cup peanuts, optional

In a large pot over medium low heat, add marshmallows, peanut butter and milk.  Stir until melted.  Add both cereal and nuts.  Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.  With wet fingers, press into pan making top as smooth as possible.  Allow to cool before cooking into squares.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I guess we missed it, but I'm sure they'll play it at least 16 more times in the next 2 days! These bars look like a great movie snack :)

    ReplyDelete