My family loves cauliflower...okay...almost all of my family. One of my girls does not enjoy it but she doesn't like lettuce or potatoes either, but will eat the mess out of tomatoes...go figure. My other girls will eat it raw, mashed, roasted, however I make it. Sometimes I even boil it a bit to soften it up, then add some Italian dressing and feta and pack it for their lunch. They love it but their friends think they are weird...lol!
Cauliflower mash is our absolute favorite but I wanted to try something else. I came across this recipe and it sounded delicious. I actually used the recipe as a guide, but really made them to our family preference and what I had on hand. My oldest daughter, Hailey, actually came up with the dipping sauce. I was just going to use blue cheese or ranch dressing, but she wanted to make something with some zip. She concocted a dipping sauce that was really tasty. She mixed blue cheese dressing with a bit of A-1...zippy and tasty!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 to 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in a large pot of water until soft.
- Drain cauliflower very well and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Mash cauliflower with a masher or fork.
- To cooled cauliflower, add 2 eggs and ricotta cheese, mixing until well combined.
- Add parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Starting with 1/4 cup of flour, mix into cauliflower. Add as much flour as needed to make a thick mixture. It should be thick enough that you can form patties and it will hold the shape.
- In a pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat on medium-high heat until hot.
- In a plate or bowl, add 1/3 cup flour and 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Dredge patties on both sides in the flour mixture.
- Fry patties until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
Hailey's Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1 to 2 tbsp steak sauce
Mix until well combined.
Powered by Recipage
*My Sweet and Savory: Meatless Monday
*The Southern Institute: Creative Me
*Boogieboard Cottage: Masterpiece Monday
*Mrs. Happy Homemaker: Makin' You Crave Monday
*Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms: Melt in Your Mouth Monday
*Flour Me with Love: Mix it Up Monday
*Delightfully Dowling: Mangia Mondays
*A Southern Fairytale: Mouthwatering Monday
*Blessed with Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
*It's a Blog Party: Delicious Dishes
*2 Maids Milking: 2 Maids a Baking
*Inside BruCrew Life: Trick or Treat Tuesday
*Our Delightful Home: Show Me What You Got
*Mandy's Recipe Box: Totally Tasty Tuesday
*33 Shades of Green: Tasty Tuesdays
*Permanent Posies: Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits
*Reasons to Skip the Housework: Tuesday Time Out
*Chef in Training: Tuesday Talent Show
*From Mess Hall to Bistro: Made from Scratch Tuesday
*Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
*Mom on Timeout: Taking Timeout Thursday
*Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hippo: Anything Goes