Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recipe: White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  This is my first holiday recipe to try and I am so glad I did!  I find the original recipe on Mindika Moments.  Although she has not posted in awhile, she has some fabulous recipes that I can't wait to try.  

This fudge is made with cream cheese.  I have never made fudge with cream cheese and I am glad that I did give it a try.  It is super creamy and even more super easy to make!  I love the combination of peppermint and white chocolate and so did my family.  My girls had lots of fun unwrapping the candy canes and helping me grind them in the food processor.  This fudge comes together very fast and easy so there is not a lot of fussing over a candy thermometer.  You only need to melt your chocolate over a double boiler.  The original recipe calls for a white chocolate baking bar, but my little grocery store doesn't carry such fancy things so I substituted white chocolate chips.  But I will be making this recipe again with the bar to see how the fudge turns out. 

I am submitting this recipe as part of this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge at Crazy Mom's Cooking!  Please stop by and vote for my recipe.  While you are there be sure to take a peek at the other challenger's recipes.


Photobucket
Join next month's challenge: Chicken Noodle Soup!



White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
(adapted from the original recipe by Mindika Moments)

Ingredients
1 8-oz package cream cheese, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1 12-oz bag white chocolate chips
1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes

Directions
Line a 8x8 baking pan with waxed paper extending over the sides to form "handles."  Set aside.  In a large bowl, add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.  Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until very well blended and smooth.  In the top of a double boiler, add white chocolate chips and slowly melt, stirring occasionally, until smooth.  Stir the chocolate and peppermint into the cream cheese mixture mixing until well blended.  Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the peppermint to sprinkle on the top.  Spread mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.  Sprinkle reserved peppermint on top.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.  Cut into small squares.


Linked To:

 

10 comments:

  1. Your holidays are gonna be sweet with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we both chose the same recipe from the same blog for this challenge!! It's a great recipe....I've been eating fudge everyday since I made it :)!

    Ellen

    http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fantastic recipe! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty fudge and I bet it tastes great!

    I'm #2 (Nutella fudge w/ sea salt). I would love for you to stop by my blog if you haven't already :)
    http://thecrunchymamacita.blogspot.com/2011/12/nutella-fudge-with-sea-salt.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fudge is so pretty and festive! I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/12/sweet-indulgences-sunday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fudge looks and sounds amazing. I would love it if you came to link to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. It is my first ever! Love these recipes.
    http://www.mythirtyspot.com
    -Erin Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for holiday entertaining and gifts! Thanks so much for linking up at Sweet Temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that is some pretty fudge! Thank you so much for sharing at last week's Taking A Timeout Thursday party. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks DELICOUS!! I am your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
    Beth
    www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete