Friday, October 7, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies




This month, I am participating in Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge.  Every month there is a new theme challenge.  The great thing about this challenge is that you choose a specific recipe from another blogger.  You then bake and blog the recipe showcasing the blog that you selected the recipe from.  You also get to vote on the best "ultimate" recipe for the month.  The challenge this month is chocolate chip cookies. 

The recipe that I selected is White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from How Sweet Eats.  Jessica has so many fantastic chocolate chip cookie recipes that it was hard to pick just one, but I forced myself to.  Her recipe and pictures made me drool at my keyboard.  Now, I am sure you are asking yourself the obvious question.  How did I end up with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies?  Well, I thought I had all the ingredients but I obviously did not.  But, that is the beauty about this recipe.  The basic ingredients and technique make this cookie so soft, moist and delicious that you could make substitutions and still get an awesome cookie!  I have never baked a cookie where you melt the butter with peanut butter, but from here on out, I will.  Melting the peanut butter gave it such a sutle nutty flavor and it helped keep the cookie moist and chewy. 

I will be making her original recipe soon because it sounds so unbelievable tasty, but I think milk chocolate and peanut butter chips would be outstanding as well.  Like I said, limitless possibilities!

Thanks to Jessica at How Sweet It Is for sharing this awesome cookie recipe.  Don't forget to stop by Mom's Crazy Cooking and vote for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
(adapted from the original recipe of How Sweet Eats)

2 1/4 cups AP flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate morsels/chunks
1/2 cup butterscotch morsels

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.

Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms – it will be crumbly at first, but it will come together. If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk. Fold in white chocolate and peanut butter chips.


Using an ice cream scoop, mound dough on baking pan about two inches apart.  Flatten the dough just slightly.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and slightly puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely.

Linked To:
*Six Sister's Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Saturday
*Alli-n-Son: Sweet Tooth Friday
*Sweet As Sugar Cookies: Sweets for Saturday






10 comments:

  1. These look SO GOOD. I need to make them! And I've never thought about melting the peanut butter...but I'm going to now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound decadently delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that has everything wonderful in it!!! Excellent recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo! Peanut butter cookies are my fave, and I love that you amped them up with choc and butterscotch chips. I'll give you my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic! I love the addition of peanut butter and butterscotch morsels! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I definitely need to give these a try. A neighbor brought me some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies last year and they were the best cookies I have ever tasted (I still haven't gotten the recipe from her). These sound fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sounding flavors and cookies.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my entry, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog. My post was #29.

    ReplyDelete