Monday, October 31, 2011

Recipe: Cinnamon Biscuit Balls


With three busy girls and a busy family life, I am always looking for quick recipes that I can make to change up our snacks and breakfasts.  My girls love to eat muffins and biscuits so I when I came across this recipe on Karly's blog, Buns in My Oven, I thought it would be a great alternative...and it was!  Not only was it delicious but it was super easy to make because it is made with a baking mix and only required a few ingredients.  My girls loved them and I was happy to have a homemade treat to put in their lunches.  Next time I make them, I will try dipping them in caramel sauce as Karly suggests.

Enjoy!

Cinnamon Biscuit Balls
(original recipe by Karly/Buns in My Oven)
{print}

Ingredients
2 1/3 cups baking mix (ie Biquick)
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp melted butter
4 tbsp sugar, divided
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Mix half of the sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl.  Mix remaining ingredients together until a soft dough forms.  Scoop dough by tablespoons and roll into a ball.  Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

NOTE:  You can mix the dough with a mixer, but I mixed mine by hand and found the dough to be really easy to mix.  



Linked To:
*Talking Dollar and Cents: Muffin Monday
*Nifty Thrifty Things: Nifty Thrifty Sunday
*A Well Seasoned Life: Sweet Indulgences Sunday 
*Flamingo Toes: Think Pink Sundays 
*Everyday Mom's Meals: Church Supper 
*Petite Hermine: Sunday Linky Party 
*The DIY Home Sweet Home Project: More the Merrier 
*Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms: Melt in Your Mouth Monday 
*Delightfully Dowling: Mangia Mondays
*Marvelously Messy: A Marvelous Mess 
*Sumo's Sweet Stuff: Market Yourself Monday 
*33 Shades of Green: Tasty Tuesdays
*Reasons To Skip the Housework: Tuesday Time Out
*Mandy's Recipe Box: Totally Tasty Tuesday
*Permanent Posies: Tuesday Tasty Tidbits 
*It's A Blog Party: Delicious Dishes 
*Blessed With Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday 
*Balancing Beauty &; Bedlam: Tasty Tuesday
*My Sweet and Savory: Let's Do Brunch
*Not So Homemade:  What's Cookin' Wednesday 
*Around My Family Table: Turning the Table Thursday
*Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff
*Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday 
*Talking Dollar and Cents: Sweet Temptations 
*Alli n Son: Sweet Tooth Friday
*Sweet As Sugar Cookies: Sweets for a Saturday
*The Sweet Details: Savory Sunday 
 

11 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm also always on the lookout for a new and easy treat.

    Happy new follower, hope you are able to come and check out my blog, I've got a fun contest going right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm "pinning" this right now. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper--love seeing new faces. Please come back next Sunday. Have a blessed week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Thanks so much for linking them up at Muffin Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so delicious and addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! Stopping by to check out your recipe -- My boys would love these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say that "quick and easy" is my middle name in the kitchen--these look simple enough to fit the bill1

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a simple idea...roll them in cinnamon sugar...turns something plain into fancy! Great recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and delicious. That's what I like in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love easy recipes! These look absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cinnamon biscuit balls sound so yummy, and I love how quick and easy they are! Thank you for sharing the recipe with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete