When I found out the Improv Cooking Challenge this month was pumpkin and cream cheese, I couldn't wait to play around with the combination. I thought about making some muffins or maybe some pumpkin cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. But what really sounded good to me was a pumpkin cheesecake, but I didn't really have time this month to devote to making a good and proper cheesecake. It came to me one day, that I could make truffles with a pumpkin cheesecake inside. Now, I have never in my life made a truffle, but have wanted to for some time. I searched through some blogs for a recipe but all of them required making a cheesecake first which I just couldn't do. So, I played around with the ingredients one day and I think that I came up with a pretty good "faux" cheesecake center that requires no baking. I had several people try them and everyone enjoyed them. I love it when a plan comes together!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 10 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- white candy coating
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the candy coating.
- Mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Scoop mixture by the tablespoon and roll into a ball form. I actually used a cookie scoop.
- Place the balls on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet and place back in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or longer. The balls will still be somewhat soft but should hold their shape. You could also freeze them for a hour if you want them to be more firm when you are dipping them in the chocolate.
- Melt candy coating according to the package directions.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate working quickly and place back on the lined cookie sheet.
- You can drizzle a little chocolate on any "bald" spots.
- Place them back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Powered by Recipage
*It's A Keeper: It's A Keeper Thursday
*Talking Dollar and Cents: Sweet Temptations
*Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
*Frugal Follies: Frugal Food Thursday
*Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff
*What Allie's Making Now: Making It with Allie
*Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday
*A Glimpse Inside: Catch a Glimpse
*Mom on Timeout: Taking a Timeout Thursday
*A Creative Princess: It's A Party
*This Chick Cooks: These Chicks Cooked
*Momnivore's Dilemma: Creative Juice
*Sugar and Dots: What I Whipped Up Wednesday
*My Girlish Whims: Your Whims Wednesday
*Project Queen: Turning the Daunting into Doable
*Remodelaholic: Recipe Linky Party
*Someday Crafts: Whatever Goes Wednesday
*Simply Sweet Home: Friday Favorites
*Alli n-Son: Sweet Tooth Friday
*Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hippo: Anything Goes
*eKat's Kitchen: Friday Potluck
*Designs by Gollum: Foodie Friday
*Just Call Me Blesses: Fabulous Friday Link Up
*Six Sister's Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Saturday
*Sweet as Sugar Cookies: Sweets for Saturday
*Be Different Act Normal: Show and Tell Saturday
*A Well Seasoned Life: Sweet Indulgences Sunday
*Lamb Around: Not Baad Sundays
*I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop
*Nifty Thrifty Things: Nifty Thrifty Sunday
*J&M's Eye Candy: Strut Your Stuff Sunday
*Flamingo Toes: Think Pink Sundays
*Everyday Mom's Meals: Church Supper
*Petite Hermine: Sunday Link Party
*Cupcake Apothecary: A Themed Baker's Sunday
*Skip to My Lou: Made by You Monday
*It's A Blog Party: Delicious Dishes
*Mandy's Recipe Box: Totally Tasty Tuesday