Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recipe Review: Elise's Homemade Vanilla Granola


In an effort to feed my family more healthy less processed foods, I decided to give this granola recipe a shot.  I love granola.  I love it with milk in the morning but I especially love it by the hand full...:>)!  This recipe is OMG awesome!!  It smelled so wonderful as it was baking away in the oven.  So good that I couldn't wait for a taste as soon as I pulled it out of the oven.  It was delightful!  I only made one change to the original recipe.  I omitted the wheat germ because I did not have any. 

I now have a full gallon zipper bag of the most delicious granola at my eating whim.  My girls have a healthy snack without the added preservatives and chemicals.  You MUST give this a try if you heart granola. 

Enjoy!


Elise's Homemade Vanilla Granola
(recipe from Favorite Family Recipes)

8 c. oats
2 c. sliced almonds
1 c. wheat germ
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
craisins or raisins, to taste (optional)
3/4 c. canola oil
1 c. honey
3 Tbsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine first 8 ingredients (dry ingredients) in a large bowl. In a saucepan combine oil, honey, and vanilla and bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute then pour over oat mixture. Mix until all ingredients are moistened. Divide and spread mixture over 2 large cookie sheets and bake at 300-degrees for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on pans until the granola hardens.  Break up granola and store in large Ziploc bags or containers.

Print

Linked To:
  * Prairie Story:  Recipe Swap Thursday
  * Gnowfglins:  Tuesday Twister
  * Simply Sweet Home:  Friday Favorites

2 comments:

  1. That looks so crunchy and good. I love munching on granola too and your cranberry almond version sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That granola looks really good!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week. Hope to see you again this week. Also, I'd like to invite you to come by next Thursday for my Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete