Sunday, December 12, 2010

Recipe: Peanut Butter Fudge


We are in the home stretch now!  I can't believe it is two weeks until Christmas.  I don't have everything done yet and my sister's family will be here next weekend.  Yikes!  I am in a time crunch so I will keep this simple. 

Peanut Butter + Fudge = Yummy Goodness!

I dressed up the fudge just a bit with a chocolate and peanut topping.  I mean, after all, it is the holidays so why not?

Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
1 5-ounce (2/3 cup) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups mini-marshmellows
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Line a 9" baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan.  Butter the foil and set aside.  Butter the sides of a heavy saucepan.  In the saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter.  Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils.  Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil at a moderate, steady rate for 12 minutes, stirring frequently.  Remove saucepan from heat.  Add peanut butter, marshmellows and vanilla; stirring until mixture is combined.  Pour and spread evenly into the prepared pan.  Let stand until fudge is firm, about 2 hours.  Use foil to lift fudge out of pan.  Place chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute and stir.  Microwave about 1 minute more or until melted; stirring after every 15 seconds.  Sprinkle fudge with chopped peanuts and drizzle chocolate over peanuts and fudge. 


Print

Linked To:
 * Simply Sweet Home:  Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party
 * Fresh from the Farm:  Holly Jolly Christmas Recipe Swap

Week 11 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:

5 comments:

  1. I love peanut butter fudge! Yours looks so scrumptious with the toppings on it!

    I'm hosting a Christmas Recipe party on Thursday (with prizes). Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These fudges are perfectly dressed for Holidays!
    And look yummy!
    Love PB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This peanut butter fudge sounds like the perfect treat. I just made some PB fudge today too and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a recipe I have on the menu to make for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the holidays!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete