Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recipe Review: Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes


I know right?  Macaroni and cheese cupcakes?  Really??  Really!  And they are awesome.  While mac and cheese has been a kid favorite forever, mixing it up a bit and turning it into something new and different is a great idea.  I would have never thought to put mac and cheese in a muffin tin to make these awesome little treats.  (But this does get the mind going on what else you can create...)  While these are not "cupcakes" they are a fun way to eat something that has been around since forever. 

Two out of three of my kids liked them but I bet I can convince that reluctant one to give these another chance.  And I will be trying these out in their lunch boxes very soon.  I will also be making these when we have the entire family here for the holidays and we are looking for ways to feed a bunch of kids lunch.

Enjoy!

Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes
Recipe from Framed Cooks

8 ozs elbow macaroni (I used a box of mac and cheese)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
2 eggs
1 cups milk
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line or spray very well a 12 cup muffin tin.  Cook the macaroni until done.  Drain and immediately return to pot.  Add cheese and stir briefly until almost melting.  Beat eggs into milk and then pour mixture into macaroni making sure not to cook the eggs.  Mix very well.  Ladle macaroni mixture into tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Cool slightly before serving.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment