Saturday, November 13, 2010

Recipe: Chicken Plops


Don't let the name fool you....this recipe is awesome!

Back when I had newborn twin girls and another baby girl that was 22 months old, I was looking for easy, fast and yummy recipes.  I did not have a lot of time but still wanted to make them dinner every night that didn't come out of a box or from a fast food restaurant.  I would have asked strangers on the street if I didn't feel like they would think I was crazy.  One of my co-workers had mercy on me and gave me this recipe.  While these are not the most healthy thing, they are tasty and my girls still love them to this day.  I don't make them as often as I did then, but when I need a fast and easy meal, I make these because I always have these ingredients in my pantry.  And as a bonus, I had six leftover and put them in their lunch boxes the next day.  The girls were surprised and happy that they had such a yummy lunch the next day.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.



Chicken Plops

2 cans crescent rolls
1 13 oz can chicken (I use Member's Mark from Sam's)
1 8 oz tub chive and onion cream cheese
3 or 4 slices bacon, crumbled (I also use Hormel Real Bacon Bits)
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to temperature given on the package of crescents.  Unroll dough and break apart into the triangles. Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, bacon, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well mixed.  Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.  Unroll one can of rolls and separate.  Spoon one tablespoon of chicken mixture on to each crescent roll at the biggest end.  Roll the crescent roll as you normally would but close the ends so that no filling is exposed.  Pinch ends and seams so that the filling will not ooze out during baking.  Place filled rolls on prepared baking sheet about an inch apart.  Repeat steps with second can.  Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool slightly before serving.

Print

Linked To:
  *  EKat's Kitchen:  Friday Potluck
  *  Blessed with Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Those look right up our alley! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick and easy dinner. I think kids would get a kick out of that name.

    ReplyDelete