Sunday, November 7, 2010

Recipe: White Chocolate Cookies



The weeks are flying by!  Before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving and in a blink of an eye....Christmas!


I decided to try a new recipe this week and boy I am glad that I did.  Do you love white chocolate?  I LOVE it and these are fantastic.  I added pecans in half the batch as my Zo-Zo does not like nuts in her cookies.  Next time I make them, I think I am going to try to substitute white bean puree for some of the butter.  And, I think cranberries would be so awesome in these.  The hint of orange really makes them very tasty and gives the cookies a different yet subtle orange taste.


I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!


White Chocolate Cookies
{print}

 
2 1/4 cups AP flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp orange extract (or 2 tsp grated orange zest)
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, optional
1/3 cup white chocolate or chips, for melting
1/3 cup semi-sweet chips, for melting (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease or line baking sheet.  Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in the egg and extract.  Add the dry ingredients, mixing until blended.  If adding nuts, mix until just combined.  Scoop by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are light golden brown.  Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.


When the cookies are at room temperature, place them on waxed paper.  Melt the chocolates separately over low heat.  Drizzle the white chocolate (or both) over the cookies.




Linked To:

 Week 6 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:

9 comments:

  1. Orange and white chocolate - an ideal combination. They look so pretty with that dark chocolate drizzled over them too. I think these would make a beautiful Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look great! Fancy, festive, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! I sent two batches to our second grade teacher and our bus driver this morning. Otherwise, I would have not been able to stop eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe for a different kind of cookie! Thanks for linking up to This Week's Cravings! I love your idea of 12 week of Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sound lovely. I really like that you have used orange extract in them - that would give a lovely flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful - i love the chocolate drizzle on top!

    Thank you for linking to This Week's Cravings! I can't wait to browse all the amazing cookies linked at your site too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chocolate sqiggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for participating the Smackdown Battle. Best of luck to you. These white chocolate cookies sound and look delicious! Love that drizzle of chocolate on top! What a great choice to enter the "Battle"! :)

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete