Saturday, May 8, 2010

Recipe: White Chocolate and Butterscotch Cookies


Umm....cookies!

I wanted to make some cookies for our road trip to Texas.  Homemade always taste better than the packaged kind.  I also wanted to use up the last of some of my baking supplies.  One of my favorite  blogs, The Picky Palate, had an interesting one that I have not tried before.  I had such success with Jenny's Blackberry Cream Cheese Muffins, that I had to give this cookie recipe a try.

I had the white chocolate chips and I had butterscotch chips, but no chocolate chips.  So, I went ahead and made them without the chocolate.  The dough is fantastic!  It probably has nothing to do with the two sticks of butter.  It is a soft dough that bakes up nicely.  Do you taste the dough before you bake?  I do and you just know when a cookie is gonna be good based on it's raw form.  This is a winner!

White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
(adapted from Jenny's original recipe at the Picky Palate)

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tbsp pure vanilla
2 1/ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl; sift of stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.  Stir in chips.  Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet placing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges just barely start to turn golden. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment