Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recipe: Banana Bread


I am NOT a banana person.  I don't like the texture.  I don't really like banana flavored things either.  But, I absolutely DO love banana bread!  I have tried a lot of recipes over the years, but this is one that I have tweaked over the years and my family loves it!  It makes two loaves and I make one loaf with nuts and one without.  I also chunk or pinch off my bananas instead of mashing them.  You can do it either way.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

Banana Bread

3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups banana (about 4 medium), chunked or mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups walnuts, divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.  Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add bananas and vanilla, beat well.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing until just combined.  Do not over mix.  Fold in one cup nuts.  Divide batter between the two pans.  Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top.  Bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool about 15 to 20 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool completely.

Print

Linked to:
   * Designs by Gollum, Foodie Friday
   * Blessed with Grace, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
   * And Baby Makes Five, Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap
   * The King's Court IV, What's Cooking Wednesday
   * Lamb Around

5 comments:

  1. Love banana bread, thanks for a new recipe to try out this week with last weeks bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday!!! Loved the recipe too :) Hope to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty snazzy post! I left you a little something special on my blog :)

    http://lambaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower!!! I found you on the Sunday linky!! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:)
    You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Lamb Around...I don't like bananas either, but I love some good banana bread. I am definitely going to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete