I am always looking for new recipes to try and when I found this cake recipe on Michaela's blog, Collecting the Moments, I just knew I had to try it. I love apple cake because they always turn out moist and this one is no exception. The apples were definitely the star in this most delightful cake. The cake was very good by itself but once the glaze was poured on it was over the top good!
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Enjoy!
Apple Cake with Caramel Sour Cream Glaze
- 1 cup butter (or 3/4 cup oil)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups diced apple unpeeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cream the butter (or oil) and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, add dry ingredients, mixing with a whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just Incorporated.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Add the butter, sugars and vanilla to a small saucepan.
- Cook to a soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream, whisking to blend.
- Serve both the cake and the glaze warm.
Powered by Recipage