Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Holiday Projects: Valentine Peppermint Pops



Aren't these so cute?  I know that this idea has been around for years, but one afternoon my daughter and I wanted to do a project together, so this is what we decided to do.  We had a LOT of candy canes left over from the holidays (secretly I bought more than we needed with the hopes that I could make these this year).  It also helps that my husband LOVES candy canes so I had excuse to buy boxes and boxes of candy canes, especially when they went on super clearance after the holidays.  

This is a fun project.  The hardest part is peeling the wrappers off the candy canes.  We used mini candy canes because they made the perfect lollipop size, but I am sure you could use the bigger size.  This is a perfect project to do with your kids.  Have fun and enjoy!


Supplies Needed
Mini Candy Canes
White Bark/Candy Coating
Sprinkles
Lollipop Sticks

Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  Unwrap candy canes and place in a heart shape.  Melt bark/candy coating according to package directions.  I use a Ziploc bag to melt my coating.  Place the bark/candy coating in the bag, do not seal.  Place the bag in a mug and melt according to the package directions.  You can squeeze the bag to mix the coating.  Once it has been completely melted, snip a small opening in the corner of the bag.  Squeeze the coating into the open area of the heart (between the candy canes).  If the coating it a bit lumpy, use the end of the lollipop stick to even the surface out and stick the stick halfway up the heart and in between the bottom opening of the candy canes.  While the coating is "wet" add any sprinkles or decorations.  Allow the coating to cool completely before removing from the wax paper.






Linked To:






1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Great idea!

    Mrs. Delightful recently posted: My Memories Giveaway @ ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete