I love to have bread with soups, stews and chilies. I think that it makes the meals. But, cornbread can get kinda boring after a while so I wanted to somehow "jazz" it up one night when we were having Sausage Potato Soup. I wanted the muffins to be cheesy but different cheesy. My kids love pimento cheese so I thought it would be a great add in to my packaged corn muffin mix. It was just the right amount of cheesy with a little extra flavor. Even better is when you split the muffins and spread some pimento cheese on them. These are super easy to bake because it is made from a buttermilk/cornbread mix plus a few more ingredients. I think this would also be good for chili or we love to have a pot of pintos and cornbread.
Pimento Cheese Cornbread Muffins
- 1 package buttermilk cornbread mix + the additional ingredients needed on the back of the package
- 1/3 cup pimento cheese spread
- Heat oven according to package directions.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add package mix plus ingredients listed on the package. (One of the ingredients on my mix was melted butter, but I omitted.)
- Add pimento cheese and gently mix until just combined.
- Scoop mix into muffin pan, about 2/3 of the way) and place in oven.
- Bake as suggested on the package or until the muffins are golden and the baked through.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage