Monday, January 30, 2012

Recipe: Not Your Mama's Cheese Dip


With the Super Bowl next Sunday, I thought this would be a perfect time to share a very yummy cheese dip recipe that we eat.  We are grew up with the classic dip of Velveeta and Ro-tel tomatoes and this one has those ingredients too.  It also has a few extra ingredients that takes it over the top to yummy delicious goodness.  I have been making this version for years and it is always gobbled up.  In fact, I pour this over enchiladas and it takes it a whole new level.  It can be made in a crock pot or on the stove and you could easily add ground beef or sausage to add even more goodness.

Enjoy!

Not Your Mama's Cheese Dip
by Wende Rickett
Ingredients
  • 1 can chopped green chillies
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 pkg shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
  • 1-1lb Velveeta cheese
  • 1 small can evaporated milk
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted is best, but plain is good too)

Instructions
  1. Cube Velveeta.
  2. In a large saucepan or crock pot, add all ingredients, stirring to mix well.
  3. If making in the crock pot, turn on low and occasionally stir cheese dip to make sure the ingredients are incorporated.
  4. If making on the stove top, cook on medium-low heat and stir frequently until cheeses are melted.
Powered by Recipage



Linked To:
*Mrs Happy Homemaker: Makin' You Crave Monday
*Blessed with Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
*Permanent Posies: Tuesday Tasty Tidbits
*Chef in Training: Tuesday Talent Show
*From Mess Hall to Bistro: Made from Scratch Tuesday
*Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
*Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff
*Mom on Timeout: Taking a Timeout Thursday
*A Glimpse Inside: Catch a Glimpse
*Simply Sweet Home: Friday Favorites
*Rattlebridge Farm: Foodie Friday
*Blissful and Domestic: Feature Friday Linky Party
*I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop
















3 comments:

  1. Just shared on Facebook and can't wait to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say it's not your Mama's, wow, this is a great dip! I will be including it on my Super Bowl Menu. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wende!! I'd love to feature you on my site this summer, I'd like to try this recipe along with your heart shaped tortilla chips!! I couldn't find an email for you, if your interested check it out on my site and contact me!! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete