With the Super Bowl next Sunday, I thought this would be a perfect time to share a very yummy cheese dip recipe that we eat. We are grew up with the classic dip of Velveeta and Ro-tel tomatoes and this one has those ingredients too. It also has a few extra ingredients that takes it over the top to yummy delicious goodness. I have been making this version for years and it is always gobbled up. In fact, I pour this over enchiladas and it takes it a whole new level. It can be made in a crock pot or on the stove and you could easily add ground beef or sausage to add even more goodness.
Not Your Mama's Cheese Dip
- 1 can chopped green chillies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1-1lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted is best, but plain is good too)
- Cube Velveeta.
- In a large saucepan or crock pot, add all ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- If making in the crock pot, turn on low and occasionally stir cheese dip to make sure the ingredients are incorporated.
- If making on the stove top, cook on medium-low heat and stir frequently until cheeses are melted.
Powered by Recipage
*Mrs Happy Homemaker: Makin' You Crave Monday
*Blessed with Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
*Permanent Posies: Tuesday Tasty Tidbits
*Chef in Training: Tuesday Talent Show
*From Mess Hall to Bistro: Made from Scratch Tuesday
*Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
*Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff
*Mom on Timeout: Taking a Timeout Thursday
*A Glimpse Inside: Catch a Glimpse
*Simply Sweet Home: Friday Favorites
*Rattlebridge Farm: Foodie Friday
*Blissful and Domestic: Feature Friday Linky Party
*I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop