Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe Review: Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan


When I came across Monster Mama's post for Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan, I knew that I would be making it in the very near future.  In fact, I featured it on a Must Try Tuesday post.  I love when I can use my crock pot...it just makes getting dinner on the table on those hectic days, so much easier.  It also sounded like the perfect Sunday dinner.  After all, who doesn't love the smell of a cooked meal after getting home from church? 

What makes this recipe unique, in my opinion, is that you don't have to pan fry the chicken in the breading before adding it to the crock pot.  You simply dredge your uncooked breast in egg and bread crumbs and add it to the crock pot.  So super simple!

I made just a few changes to the recipe.  Instead of using a jar sauce, I used my roasted Roma tomatoes which made this dish out of the world good!  I also did not have mozzarella slices on hand so I used shredded.  I wish there was smell-a-vision!  My kids came in and out of the kitchen several times asking if dinner was ready because it smelled so good and they wanted the yummy goodness...lol!

I highly recommend this recipe to any and all...especially if you are looking for a hearty delicious meal that doesn't require a lot of time!



Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
(adapted from recipe at Monster Mama)
{print}

Ingredients
3-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 egg beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 batch roasted Roma tomatoes (makes 6 cups, use more or less to your liking)

Directions
Drizzle olive oil all over bottom of the crock pot. In a medium bowl or shallow plate, beat egg. In another bowl or shallow plate, mix bread crumbs, spices and grated cheese together and set aside. Dip each chicken breast into egg and then dredge in your breadcrumb mixture, making sure to evenly coat all sides. Place coated chicken on the bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the chicken and pour the roasted Roma tomatoes and sauce over the chicken breasts. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.

Serve with over a bed of pasta.

Linked To:
 * Mandy's Recipe Box:  Totally Tasty Tuesday
 * At the Well:  Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
 * It's A Blog Party:  Delicious Dishes
 * All the Small Stuff:  Tuesdays at the Table
 * From Mess Hall to Bistro:  Made from Scratch Tuesday
 * Fudge Ripple:  Tuesday Night Supper Club
 * From My Tiny Kitchen:  Gold Star Wednesday
 * Life as Mom:  Ultimate Recipe Swap
 * Dining with Debbie:  What's On the Menu Wednesday
 * It's A Keeper:  It's A Keeper Thursday
 * Prairie Story:  Recipe Swap Thursday
 * Miz Helen's Country Cottage:  Full Plate Thursday
 * Mommy's Kitchen:  Potluck Sunday
 * Six Sister's Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Saturday

6 comments:

  1. What would be better than to come home to this lovely meal in the Crock Pot. It looks like a delicious recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent recipe! I love my crockpot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! i love crockpot meals (who doesn't!?) & this one is no exception!

    i'm hosting a blog hop called mangia mondays & would love you to join!

    i'm hosting a blog hop called mangia mondays & would love for you to join!

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com/2011/03/mangia-mondays-1-moroccan-couscous.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crock pot recipes! There are few things better than walking in from a hard day and knowing that a delicious meal is waiting for me. Thank you for sharing this:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm featuring your recipe/project on It's a Keeper Thursday this week! I’d love if you stopped by and grabbed a button.

    And, feel free to link up another great recipe this week too!

    Cheers!
    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete