Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe Review: Cheddar Chicken Chowder


When I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, a little lovely, I knew that my family would love this.  I have raised a bunch of corn eaters and let's be for real...what could be better than soup with corn in it?  And of course, I was right!  My family yummed this all up leaving only one bowl for leftovers the next day.  I made a few changes but for the most part it followed the original recipe.

Cheddar Corn Chowder
(adapted from the recipe by a little lovely)
{print}

Ingredients
4 sliced bacon
1 pound chicken breasts, diced
1 cup onion, diced
4 cup chicken broth
4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cans corn, drained
1/2 cup AP flour
2 cups milk
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Cook bacon in dutch oven until crisp.  Remove bacon from pot, crumble and set aside.  Add chicken and onion to drippings in pot; saute 5 minutes.  Add broth and potato; bring to a boil.  Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender.  Add corn.  Place flour in a bowl.  Add milk to flour and whisk until blended.  Add to soup.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Reduce to medium heat and simmer 15 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Stir in cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and crumbled bacon.


Linked To:

1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of corn eaters too - and then there's the bacon! I've got this one bookmarked - we have to try it yet this week!

    ReplyDelete