Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recipe: Ground Beef Enchiladas

I LOVE Mexican food! If given the chance, I would eat it for every meal, snack and in between. I ate Mexican food through both my pregnancies. My mother and I (mostly my mom, but I assisted!) made a batch of beef enchiladas that were delicious goodness (to coin my girl's phrase). Here is the recipe we used:


Ground Beef Enchiladas

For the meat filling:
1 lb ground meat
1 chopped onion
1 pkg. grated longhorn cheese (we used colby jack mix)
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained
1 - 2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce:
1 can chopped green chillies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg Monterrey Jack cheese
1-1lb velveeta cheese
1 small can evaporated milk
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes

Brown meat with onion. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Fill flour tortillas with meat mixture. Place seam side down in a 13"x9" pan. Pour sauce over tortillas. Cover. Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 min. Top with sour creem, sliced black olives, or jalapeno peppers.


The sauce is so good that we put some aside and used as a dip with chips. No more Velvetta and Rotel for me! I now know the BEST cheese dip!

Enjoy!

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment