Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation

The girls and I have been on vacation in Texas visiting my family since mid-June. Although it has been hot, we have enjoyed the relaxing days of summer. The girls have been swimming every day and playing outside as much as possible. In a few days, we will be leaving for home to get ready for school that starts August 13.

While we have been here, my mother and I have been cooking and baking. I have had the opportunity to test several recipes....some have turned out better than others. My mother bought a bread machine while I was here and we have had fun putting it to good use. Who doesn't love fresh bread, rolls and goodies? There is nothing better than warm rolls fresh from the oven to go with dinner and a tall glass of sweet tea.

I found a roll recipe that is so wonderful. Every time that I have made a pan, the rolls go so quick they don't have a chance to get cold. If you have an opportunity, you must try this recipe.
My girls love them fresh out of the oven smothered in butter and honey. The rolls are dense enough that you could easily turn these into hamburger buns and hot dog buns which is what the recipe is for.

I hope that you are enjoying the summer as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment