Friday, June 17, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


 Isn't it nice when you get recognition from others?  Thank you so much to Brandy at Brandy's Baking for thinking of me for The Versatile Blogger award.  How awesome!

As you know, I have included several of her recipes on my Must Try Tuesday posts.  I also have a ton bookmarked.  Now that things have slowed down a bit around here, I can't wait to get in the kitchen to try some of them out.

There are a few rules that go along with this award, so here they are:
1.  Thank the person that gave you the award by linking back to them in your post.   Share the love!
2.  Tell us 7 things about yourself.
3.  Pass the award onto a few bloggers that you've recently discovered.
4.  Contact those bloggers and let them know the exciting news.

OK....seven things about myself....
1.  I live in a very small town in Texas that only has 800 residents.
2.  I love to read but rarely do because I am so busy taking care of my family.  Now that my girls are getting older, I seem to have a little more time to myself and hope to start reading more.
3.  I love to try new recipes.  We have some family favorites that I make, but we don't usually eat the same things over and over again because I am always trying new recipes.
4.  Our family doesn't eat seafood.  My husband and I don't like it, but we made sure to keep our opinions to ourselves when it came to our kids.  They tried it and didn't like it either....is there a "I hate seafood" gene that we somehow passed to our kids???
5.  I channel my inner teenager....I LOVE the Twilight movies....
6.  I am an 80's kid and I still listen to 80's music....I heart Duran Duran.
7.  I love Dr. Pepper.  I have cut back on my intake but there are those days when I HAVE to have one....or two....sometimes three....


Here are some of my new favorite blogs!

Thanks again to Brandy at Brandy's Baking for thinking of me!



3 comments:

  1. :) I'm so with you on the 80's music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wende! I feel so honored. I truly enjoy baking and cooking. It is such a joy to be able to share with others!!
    Smiling:)
    Angela/Soap Mom's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wende thank you so much for the wonderful award! I am so happy people actually read my blog! Have a great week!

    Liz
    Fresh Plate

    ReplyDelete