Saturday, February 19, 2011

Recipe Review: Oatmeal Craisin Breakfast Cookies


I am always looking for breakfast recipes that I can make for my kids during the rush of getting out the door for school.  When I saw this recipe from Prairie Story, I knew that I had to give it a try.  If you love oatmeal, then you will love these cookies.  They are not very sweet, have a crunchy edge and soft inside.  While my kids were not crazy about them, the adults in the house definitely loved them.  They were all gone within 24 hours.  I will keep this recipe in our family cookbook simply because I loved them!

Enjoy!


Oatmeal Craisin Breakfast Cookies
(recipe from Prairie Story)

Beat together:
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla


Mix in:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt


Fold in:
3 cups oats
3/4 cup craisins
1/2 coconut shredded, sweetened


Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.  Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For another healthy cookie recipe, see my recipe for Andes Mint Cookies
made with white bean puree.




Linked To:
  * Don't Waste your Homemaking:  Unwasted Homemaking Party
  * My Sweet and Savory:  Let's Do Brunch
   * Simply Sugar and Gluten Free:  Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
   It's A Keeper:  It's A Keeper Thursday



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, nice! I've been looking for a really good breakfast cookie recipe... I love to take them to work when I don't have time to stop :D
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete