Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe: Oh So Tasty Bean Salad



Sometimes I think my girls only love me because I make this bean salad for them.  I am not exaggerating when I say that they LOVE this salad.  They have been eating this since they were toddlers.  And that is how their love of feta cheese came about.  While I am making this dish, my girls like to "taste test" it to make sure it is good.  By the time the taste testing is over, there is not a lot left. 

I decided to surprise the girls and make this for the lunch.  This will be the first time that they have had it in their lunch so I know they will be excited.  When I make this for dinner, I add herbed cream cheese stuffed pitas that are grilled...another of their favorites. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as our family does.



Oh So Tasty Bean Salad

2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup to 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 small can chopped olives (optional)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Combine garbanzo beans, cucumbers, red onion and tomatoes in large bowl.  Mix in feta cheese and olives.  In a small bowl, mix dressing, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Pour over bean mixture and toss gently. 

This is best served when chilled and taste even better the next day once the flavors have melded.




Linked To:



1 comment:

  1. I think my girls would love that too. They both love chick peas and feta and cucumbers. What a nice combination! Thanks so much for linking with me this week. I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete