Friday, September 17, 2010

Easy and Healthy Meal Ideas

There are days that I struggle with what to feed my family especially now that we are back in school.  In a perfect world, I feed my family a completely different breakfast every day of the week and they don't eat the heavily preserved snack food either....well...that IS a perfect world!

It is my goal this year to really start feeding my family the healthiest, less chemically foods that I can.  I would love to be able to feed them all organic, all homemade foods.  Unfortunately my budget doesn't always allow me to afford all organics and sometimes time isn't on my side.  So, for now, I am going to be taking baby steps.  Instead of a commercial granola bar, perhaps I can make homemade granola.  My oldest daugther loves yogurt and I have been researching how to make homemade yogurt, so maybe I will give that a try.  My girls are taking their lunches this year, so I have control over what goes in their bodies.  While I love cream gravy (after all we live in the south and my daughters would drink it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if they could) I don't agree that it should be served with every other meal in the school cafeteria.

So, with that said, here are some recipes that I am going to try over the next few months.  I will be posting reviews on each one of them as I make them. 

I hope that you find some inspiration in some of these as well.

Breakfast
Tortilla Cups with Yogurt and Fresh Fruit
Puffed Pancake
Orange Cranberry Muffins
English Muffins
Baked Oatmeal


Lunch/Dinner
Mini Deep Dish Pizzas (I am going to make my own dough with some whole wheat flour)
Meatless Chicken Fried Chicken (with a cream gravy!)
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken (like Panda Express)
Crock pot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna


Snacks
Homemade Yogurt
Pumpkin Pudding (my daugther Abby loves pumpkin pie so I think she will l love this too!)
Crock pot Granola
Pumpkin Pie Dip
Crock pot Applesauce
Candied Walnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment