Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recipe: Chicken with Four Pepper Sauce


It has been ages since I last posted, but now that we are back to school and our routine is worked out, I have more time to blog.  I am also looking for quick meals now that our evenings are crazy with homework and activities. 

This chicken dish was an experiment that actually came out pretty tasty, best of all it is a slow cooker meal!    I served this over rice but I am sure it would be awesome with some buttered egg noodles.  I also served refried beans and tortillas and some of us made burritos.  It is not very spicy but it has a nice warm flavor.  The pepper and onion blend that I used contained red, green and yellow bell peppers.  I also used mild green chiles.

I think I will do more playing with it because I can totally see it as the base of a soup as well.  My daugthers loved it and asked for seconds.  I had leftovers in a warmed tortilla the next day and it was dee-lightful!

Enjoy!

Chicken with Four Pepper Sauce

3 to 4 chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
1 12 oz bag of 3 Pepper & Onion Blend (mine was frozen)
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1/2 cup sour cream

Spray a crock pot liner with cooking spray.  Add chicken.  Pour pepper and onion blend over chicken.  Add can of diced green chiles.  Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender.  Remove chicken from pot.  Use an *immersion blender to blend the peppers and onions until smooth.  Add sour cream and stir until blended.  Cube chicken and put back in the crock pot.  Cook another 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.  Serve over rice or noodles.

*You could also use a standard blender.

See my leftover redo post to find out how I made soup from the leftovers!

Linked to:
 * And Baby Makes Five - Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap
 * Designs by Gollum - Foody Friday
 * Mommy's Kitchen - Potluck Sunday
 * Mom's Crazy Cooking - This Week's Cravings

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I'd love for you to come and share one of your recipes at What's Cooking Wednesday (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/2010/09/brand-new-whats-cooking-wednesday.html)!

    Look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! We appreciate the link back too!

    ReplyDelete