Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recipe Review: Enchilada Casserole

Well, so far I have stuck to my menu plan. Tonight we had chicken enchiladas. They were pretty good, but I like my mother's better.

Here is the recipe that I used:

Enchilada Casserole

Next time, I will stick with my mother's. These weren't as creamy good as what I have had before. I think there was too much enchilada sauce. I even used two cans cream of chicken soup and it still wasn't the right sauce that I like. I did like having the refried beans inside the enchilada.

I also made a pot of pinto beans. I printed out the recipe here. I followed some of her recipe, except I added a hunk of ham that I had frozen in my freezer. I also cooked my beans much longer....I like them mushy. The steps for making the refried beans were very easy. Although I used bacon fat (yum!) instead of butter to saute my onions in. All in all, homemade refried beans taste so much better than the canned stuff. I don't think I will go back to canned unless in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment