Monday, August 1, 2011

Recipe Review: Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins


The day that I saw Jenny from Picky Palate post this recipe, I knew that I had to try it!  I had already planned to make banana bread, but this looked like a fun twist.  My over ripe bananas were practically begging me to make this...

And I did and they were amazing!  I didn't have enough regular peanut butter (I have some PB&J fanatics in my house) so I used about a cup of dark chocolate peanut butter.  It was like having a buckeye in the middle of a very moist banana muffin.  I will be making these again to try them with regular peanut butter, but I will also be making them again with my chocolate peanut butter.  My girls loved these and have already asked me to make them.  I think these would be great frozen and put in their lunch boxes.  

Enjoy!



Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins
(original recipe by Jenny/Picky Palate)

1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter (I used a combo of 1/2 cup regular PB and 3/4 cup dark chocolate peanut butter)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 large ripe bananas or 3 small
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.  To make the peanut butter truffle, place peanut butter and powdered sugar into a medium bowl, mixing until combined. Scoop out a walnut sized amount of peanut butter mixture and roll between your hands to make a ball.  Place a ball into each cupcake liner.  To make the banana bread muffin, mash bananas with a fork until well mashed in a large bowl. Stir in sugars, egg and buttermilk until well combined. Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined. Don't over mix.  Scoop batter over peanut butter truffle filled cups, about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely and serve.

Linked To:
*Talking Dollar and Cents: Muffin Monday
*A Southern Fairytale: Mouthwatering Monday
*Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker: Your Recipe, My Kitchen
*Blessed with Grace: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
*My Sweet and Savory: Let's Do Brunch
*From Mess Hall to Bistro: Made from Scratch Tuesday
*Good Cheap Eats: What's On Your Plate 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my do these sound delicious! Thanks so much for linking them up at Muffin Monday! Hope to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful! What a lovely recipe for a special treat. Thank you for sharing them with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! What a great treat to share at a potluck!

    ReplyDelete