Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recipe: BBQ Beef Sandwiches

When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I craved chopped BBQ beef sandwiches for the first 6 months.  I couldn't get enough and lucky for my husband there was a barbecue restaurant not far from our house.  And oddly enough, my daughter now loves them as much as I do. 

I make this recipe at least once a month and it is especially great in the summer because it cooks in the crockpot and doesn't heat up your kitchen.  Before I could snap a picture of the finished goodness, my family started eating it up!  Hopefully....next time!

BBQ Beef

1 roast, about 2 - 3 lbs  (I have used brisket, chuck roast, london broil...they all turn out great)
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
Hamburger buns and condiments of your choice (pickles, slaw, additional bbq sauce, etc.)

Place roast in slow cooker.  In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, preserves and brown sugar.  Pour over roast.  Add red pepper and onion.  Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast and shred with two forks.  Drain pot leaving some liquid in the pot.  Chop the shredded meat into bite size and return to pot.  Add more bbq sauce if needed.  The meat should be moist but not juicy. Cook about 20 minutes longer.

This recipe makes about 8 to 12 sandwiches depending on how much meat you put on each sandwiches.

Yummy!

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment