Sunday, July 29, 2012

Recipe: Apple Dumplings



I have been wanting to make Apple Dumplings for some time now when I saw the recipe posted on The Pioneer Woman's blog several years ago.  I finally had the opportunity to do so and OMG!  Why....why....did it take so long for me to do so is beyond me.  These dumplings are so beyond good...they are warm and comforting yummy good.  The only change that I made to the original recipe was replacing the Mountain Dew with Sprite.  Come Fall, I will be making these again...and again....and again....

Enjoy!



Apple Dumplings

by Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman
Ingredients
  • 2 whole Granny Smith apples
  • 2-8 oz cans crescent rolls
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • 1-12 oz can lemon lime soda (Sprite)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Generously butter a 9x13" pan.
  3. Peel and core apples.
  4. Cut each apple into 8 slices each.
  5. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
  6. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
  7. Add vanilla, stir and pour entire mixture over apples.
  8. Pour lemon lime soda around the edges of the pan.
  9. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 40 minutes.
  10. Serve with ice cream and sauce from the pan.
Powered by Recipage

Linked To:



3 comments:

  1. These look really good. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apple dumplings! Yours are making my mouth water. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious. I could see eating these for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete