Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recipe Review: Buffalo Chicken Braid



We love Buffalo chicken wings around here.  I don't care for chicken on a bone, so we go boneless.  When I came across this recipe on Do You Know the Muffin Pan blog, I knew that I had to give this recipe a try.  Seriously, what could be bad about spiced up chicken wrapped in pizza dough?  Sounds like a winner to me.  This recipe is super easy.  Braiding the dough is a few extra steps but totally worth it.  Amy has step by step instructions with pictures to help you get the idea of how to braid the dough.  I used a canned pizza dough and canned chicken for a super fast dinner.  Also, I didn't have any blue cheese dressing, so I made mine without.  The next time I make it, I will use my own dough and cook and shred some chicken breast to replace the canned chicken.  My family loved this meal and have asked for me to make it again.

Enjoy!


Buffalo Chicken Braid
(adapted from the original recipe by Amy @ Do You Know the Muffin Pan)

1 can chicken breast, drained (or 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded)
1 can pizza dough
2 cups cheese, divided (I used a combination of blue cheese and Italian blend shredded cheese)
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a small bowl, add chicken and hot sauce.  Mix with a fork breaking up any large lumps while incorporating the sauce.  Set aside.  Unroll pizza dough.  Measure 3" from the long side of the dough and lightly score (not cutting through the dough) on each side.  In the middle section, sprinkle one cup of the cheese making sure to spread it so it covers from the top to the bottom of the dough.   Next, spread the diced onions.  Add the chicken.  Sprinkle the rest of the cheese making sure to cover as much of the chicken as you can. Cut 1 inch thick strips on either side. To braid, pick up one strip and fold it over, pressing it against the opposite strip, continuing until you reach the bottom.  You can tuck the bottom ends under, but it is not necessary.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.  Allow to cool for few minutes before cutting.

Linked To:
*It's a Keeper: It's a Keeper Thursday
*Paisley Passion: Thrilling Thursday
*Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
*Simply Sweet Home: Friday Favorites
*Bizzy B. Bakes: Bake with Bizzy
*Paisley Passions: Fun w/Food Friday
*Six Sister's Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Saturday 
*I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop 

     



7 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! and a nice twist on the "usual" chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm buffalo chicken is my favorite. Sincerely. Now I'm unhappy that I don't have this in front of me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me absolutely drooling here. Yummmmm! I bet I could even make a low fat version of this and it'll still be tasty!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I make calzones that are very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! And I love Frank's sauce with everything. :) Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We are so grateful for your support and we hope that you will be back tomorrow to share more great ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks so much for sharing my recipe! - Amy @DYKTMP?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious! I'm definitely going to make this one over the weekend... great for guests :D
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete